Who am I?

Sarah Allred is the Instructional Lead Teacher at Braxton Craven School, an all 6th grade middle school. She has 15 years of teaching experience at the middle school level. Her educational background includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education earned at the University of NC Greensboro, National Board Certification in Early Adolescent English Language Arts, and a Master of Arts in Education in Instructional Technology earned at East Carolina University. She has taught language arts, social studies, science, and technology. She serves her school in many leadership roles. Her passion is searching for new ways to use technology to improve student learning. Additional roles she fills are mother of two amazing kids, and wife of a police officer. She enjoys reading, gardening, and digital photography.



Tuesday, June 21, 2011

ePortfolios Episode 1

I am beginning this journey with a vague vision of what using ePortfolios in my classroom might look like, and with great anticipation of how this might promote spectacular learning growth with my students.  I know a little about ePortfolios, and a bit more about using portfolios in general.  I have lots of bits and pieces of ideas bouncing in my mind about tools I might could use. . . but essentially I am staring into an unknown land ready to explore.  I have LOTS of questions . . .

What software tools would be the easiest to use AND most effective?
What hardware will need to be available?
How often should students work on portfolios?
What formats might portfolio entries take?
Will the permissions regulated by my county allow the freedom needed to make this work?
Could I possibly integrate the use of student cell phones and/or other mobile devices?
Where in the world should I start?
Will my daughter be willing to be my guinea pig to help me learn about ePortfolioing?

Yikes!  I have to stop with all the questions. More and more keep tumbling out of my mind, and I'm getting a little nervous about it all.  Time to head to my favorite search engine and see what I can find . . .  

No comments:

Post a Comment