Who am I?

Sarah Allred is the Instructional Lead Teacher at Braxton Craven School, an all 6th grade middle school. She has 15 years of teaching experience at the middle school level. Her educational background includes a Bachelor of Science degree in Elementary Education earned at the University of NC Greensboro, National Board Certification in Early Adolescent English Language Arts, and a Master of Arts in Education in Instructional Technology earned at East Carolina University. She has taught language arts, social studies, science, and technology. She serves her school in many leadership roles. Her passion is searching for new ways to use technology to improve student learning. Additional roles she fills are mother of two amazing kids, and wife of a police officer. She enjoys reading, gardening, and digital photography.



Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Great Phone App For Teachers

I've got to share about this awesome phone app that I recently found. It is an Android app called document scanner. It allows you to use you phone's camera to scan a document, edit it for clarity, and make it into a PDF file. Even better than that, you can then upload the file directly to your Google Docs, Dropbox, ever note or export to your SD card.

Why am I so excited about it? If I want to scan a document to project onto my interactive whiteboard at school, I have to take the document down to the library, hope no one is on the computer with the scanner attached, log in, start up the scanner, scan and save, then go back to my classroom to project the document. Way too much trouble! With this app,I can scan, edit, and send to my Google Docs and have it up on my screen in about 5 minutes! Excellent timesaver, and great for those last minute changes to lesson plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment